I am The Colour Black

Whenever there are no colours,
I appear,
Mysterious, powerful to some,
Authoritative and evil to most,
I symbolize grief, fear and the unknown,
I am a primordial void,
An abyss with no end.


I am as simple as I am complex,
Often overlooked,
Misunderstood by the common eye,
Given a negative connotation;
Blacklist, black eye, black humour.


It needs to be known, 
There are more vibrant shades of,
Yellow, white, purple,
Each more attractive than the last,
But I am just as outstanding,
Just as intruiging.


I am the colour that hides, 
The colour of the evil panther,
The colour of blindness, 
Loneliness and aloofness,
I am the colour of coal,
A substance worth as much as gold,
I am the colour of the night,
Vigilant and while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Beauty

GAP

That one person.